Grilled Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Preparation Time: 40 minutes|
- 1 cup quinoa (or rice)
- 3 bell peppers, halved
- 1/3 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 eggplant
- 6 slices sausage (optional)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs
- olive oil, for cooking
- Put the quinoa, with 2 cups of water, in a pot. Bring to boil and turn down to medium heat. Let cook for ±20 minutes.
- Remove seeds from the bell peppers and heat in microwave for 2-3 minutes, to precook them slightly.
- In a saucepan, on medium heat, cook the onion, zucchini and eggplant. I prefer to cook each separately to not overcook anything.
- Mix together the vegetables and the quinoa and spoon into peppers. If desired, top with a slice of sausage.
- Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Grill on the barbecue, until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!