Thin Crust Pizza
Preparation Time: 30 minutes|
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- crushed tomatoes, pureed (optional)
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- fresh mozzarella, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- olives (optional)
- peppers (optional)
- garlic, crushed (optional)
- onion (optional)
- In a large bowl, vigorously mix together water, yeast and honey, set aside about 10 minutes.
- tir flour and salt into mixture. Stir until dough comes together, using a spoon and then your hands. If the dough becomes too sticky, use a little flour (1 tbsp at a time) to make it silkier.
- Flour a workspace and knead the dough a few times. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500F with pizza stone in centre. (or 450F for a baking sheet)
- Roll the dough out, about 10", it's supposed to be thin! Gently fold the dough in half twice then unfold it onto a floured peel.
- Add toppings quickly: sauce, toppings, cheese, sprinkle basil. You shouldn't have too many toppings, as it is a thin crust pizza. Do this quickly, otherwise the dough will stick to the peel.
- Gently transfer the pizza from the peel to the pizza stone. Bake 10-15 minutes, until crust is crispy and the cheese is golden. (Leave longer if cooking on baking sheet)
- Transfer the pizza back onto the peel. Let cool, slice, and serve!