Spicy Beef Ramen Noodle Soup Recipe
Cook Time: 25 minutes|
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 300 g fresh ramen (egg noodles)
- 4 spring onions
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 eggs
- handful bean sprouts
- handful coriander (or cilantro)
- 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 L chicken stock soup
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 5 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Lightly coat the steaks in oil. Sear for 2 minutes on both sides. Then baste with the teriyaki sauce. Then cover and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Boil water in a kettle and blanch the bean sprouts in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix the chili sauce and Thai fish sauce in a bowl. Heat the chicken stock with water in a pot and add the chili sauce and Thai sauce mix.
- Cook noodles as directed in soup pot.
- Finely chop the spring onions and the chili into fine strips, and the red onion into semi-circles. Add to pot.
- Drop eggs into soup and let cook through. (Or use hard-boiled eggs)
- Divide the bean sprouts and chili between the two bowls. Slice the steaks into thin strips and divide them between the two bowls and top with chopped spring onions.
- Quickly ladle the soup over. Garnish with coriander and serve.